- DEFINITIVE RESOLUTION
- DEFINITIVE LIST OF ADMITTED AND EXCLUDED
- PROVISIONAL LIST OF ADMITTED AND EXCLUDED
Observatori de l’Ebre seeks candidates with PhD in Physics or equivalent, MIRA2020OE, to perform tasks assigned to the research project MIRA (PGC2018-096774-B-I00) of the State Programme for Knowledge Generation and Scientific and Technological Strengthening of the R&D&i System of 2018 funded by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (MCIU), the State Research Agency (AEI), and ERDF. The candidate will join a dynamic research group for terrestrial ionospheric characterization, with extensive experience in national and international research projects. Candidate will have also the opportunity to collaborate with other research groups, both nationally and internationally.
Ebro Observatory requires a PhD in Physics with experience in research in the field of geomagnetism and aeronomy, especially in the study, detection and characterization of magnetic and/or ionospheric disturbances and their relationship with Space weather phenomena. It is essential a long experience with geophysical data processing and analysis, and programming skills, preferably with matlab or fortran. Work experience in international team and dissemination of research in articles at conferences and in publications in indexed journals an advantage. Experience in preparing technical reports an advantage also. Knowledge of Catalan and/or Spanish is necessary, and it is essential to have a good level of communication in oral and written English.
The candidate hired will join the GRGEO Geophysical Research Group of the Ramon Llull University (recognized by the Generalitat de Catalunya 2017-SGR-1286) to perform tasks in the framework of MIRA project. In particular, the candidate MIRA2020OE will be involved in the support and design of tools for automatic detection of ionospheric disturbances for their characterization and search for precursors in space weather phenomena, as well as in the study of their mechanisms of origin and temporal evolution. The candidate will also participate in the dissemination of the results by preparing articles in conferences and scientific publications, and must also prepare technical and progress reports.
2.300,00 € gross per month distributed in 12 months).
Type of contract
Temporary full-time contract (37.5 hours a week).
- Ad Posting Date: 7/08/2020
- Deadline for submitting applications: 4/09/2020
- Selection process: 14-14/09/2020
- Estimated Start of the contract: 1/10/2020
- Estimated End of the contract: 30/09/2021 (depending on the starting time)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Doctor's degree (or certificate certifying that the defense of the thesis has been successfully completed)
- Photocopy of official ID card, passport or any other identity document valid in the European Union
- Letter of motivation, not more than four pages in length
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- List of scientific publications of the candidate (doctoral thesis, project reports and / or scientific articles). Electronic copies of the doctoral thesis, reports and articles that have not been published in open access will be supplied
Personal interviews to selected candidates (face-to-face or remote) will be conducted.